Friday, December 16, 2011

Comics I love...

S.H.I.E.L.D






Written by Jonathan Hickman
Art by Dustin Weaver

Lets get something straight here.  I'm not a big Marvel fan nor am I a huge DC fan, but I do have to admit that sometimes the BIG TWO release those rare gems that are talked about for generations to come.  You know, like Morrison's All Star Superman or Millar's Ultimates run with Bryan Hitch.  This book is one of those rare gems.  It's a book that I wish was released monthly, but looking at every panel and the complexity of the story  I can understand why the book is released bi monthly.  You know what?  All the better.  I can see the hard work and quality they implement in the book.  Dustin Weaver's attention to detail is uncanny.  The latest issue was indeed a read and won't spoil it for anyone who hasn't read it.  If you haven't been picking up this book, then you're missing out on top notch material.

Everyone likes to compare Hickman with Alan Moore, but honestly Hickman is nothing like Alan Moore.  Hickman is his own writer.  His own craftsman.  He's proven time and time again that he could deliver on a compelling story that implements the secret history of the Marvel Universe.  Not a big fan of FF, his Ultimate Avenger run has been so-so, but SHIELD is where Hickman shines.  

No comments:

Post a Comment